Posts Tagged Legos
Posted by CyberLizard in Uncategorized on December 19, 2007
My 5 year old son blew me away this morning. He made his own Lego spaceship, all by himself! He identified all the parts and it was really cool. As soon as I download the pics, I’ll put them up. I knew that he enjoyed the stuff I made, but it’s a special thrill to see him create his own.
Here is the start to what promises to be a fantastic story line in one of my favorite web comics, Legostar Galactica. Ironically enough, the comic has yet to do a spoof of the actual Battlestar Galactica, despite its name. Go figger.
The final battle of Beowulf. This is a seriously cool piece. I have a thing for mountains, and this one rocks (no pun intended).
Check out the other fantastic creations at The Brothers Brick. They do a much better job than I could at keeping up with the amazing world of Lego creations.
Posted by CyberLizard in Uncategorized on November 30, 2007
I am finally starting to take photos of my Lego creations, MOCs, in the parlance of Legoheads (My Own Creation). Here is a cruise liner I did. I promise my pictures and my designs will get better as I practice. You can view more pics here
Posted by CyberLizard in Uncategorized on November 16, 2007
I have always been a big Lego enthusiast. I even have a small collection of bricks that somehow survived my childhood and various adult moves. My son is now 5 and has discovered the joy of building. And I’ve found some great sites to keep that enthusiasm burning.
- The Brothers Brick – a fantastic blog dedicated to the art of Lego creation
- Brickshelf – pictures of some amazing creations
- Brick Link – an astounding assortment of Lego sets/pieces to buy/sell
- MOCpages – a community dedicated to those who want to show their MOCs (that’s My Own Creation, in case you were wondering. I had to look it up)
- Bricksmith – a really awesome Lego building software for the Mac. Let’s you virtually create anything in Legos. Uses the LDraw libraries.
I will soon have some photos of some my small attempts at Lego greatness to view.
So check it out, get some Legos and start building!